Adding a second battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LittlePearl13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Central Coast (SLO county), California.
Hey guys. Like you can't tell from my avatar pic, I have a lot of lights on my Tahoe. I also have a CB and I'm going to be adding a police radar scanner, a PA for my CB and cab lights in the near-ish future, and I'm thinking I should get a second battery installed. That way I can run my offroad lights for a while without the car actually running. If anybody has done this, has ideas where to mount it in the engine bay, and ESPECIALLY if you have some pics I'd sure like to hear it. Thanks guys! I'm thinking behind the air intake on the passenger side.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want to sound pushy have you tried a deep cycle battery like a Sears DieHard Platnium? Its made to last long...be fully drained and brought back to life!

Put a 34/78 in my truck and it was golden! Has side and top terminals. I left my HIDS on for 2 hours (at a movie theater) truck started right up.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Do you not have the second battery tray installed in the front left corner of engine compartment. If not you can add it with out much trouble for less then $100.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Oh and I agree on deep-cycle batteries.

Done Deal DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want to sound pushy have you tried a deep cycle battery like a Sears DieHard Platnium? Its made to last long...be fully drained and brought back to life!

Put a 34/78 in my truck and it was golden! Has side and top terminals. I left my HIDS on for 2 hours (at a movie theater) truck started right up.

I think I have the same battery, it's a life saver since I only drive my truck a few times a month. Often times I'll hook up a battery tender, but it's nice to know it will start even if its been a 2-3 weeks - well worth the $200ish I spent on it.

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get a battery tray from a disel obs for the drivers side. you may have to relocate some stuff in that area. as far as the other technical **** no idea lol never lookd into it really. can do some research for ya if ya want

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swap your existing battery for an Optimum yellow top.

Done.

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n