Added dual USB port to console.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Tahoe2004

Reaction score
Just spent about 30 mins installing a USB port where the aux power outlet / lighter plug receptacle was on the front console of my 2004 Tahoe. Easy install. Took the time to learn how to make a clean tap into the fuse box with add-a-circuit fuse holder. No splicing, and it’s fused so it’s a safe connection.

If anyone is interested in the materials or specifics, let me know.

Always good to take the truck one more step into the 21st century.

40488CA7-7AF0-42CF-958A-B7D011CBC80E.jpeg

Jeff Groves

Retired Demo Expert. I don't need to run anymore!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. I'm wanting to do the same thing on the 2001 Hoe.
I have 2 accessory outlets and a cig lighter. I want to change the 2 accessory outlets.
May change the 1 in the rear to USB also.
I also see there is a place inside the center console where one could add a port.

OP
OP
Z71Tahoe2004

Z71Tahoe2004

Reaction score
Nice. I'm wanting to do the same thing on the 2001 Hoe.
I have 2 accessory outlets and a cig lighter. I want to change the 2 accessory outlets.
May change the 1 in the rear to USB also.
I also see there is a place inside the center console where one could add a port.

It’s an easy modification. The one I put in displays battery voltage on it. The accessory outlets on these trucks are always powered - even when the keys are not in the ignition. I’m sure the display light pulls next to nothing from battery power, but I’m not a fan of having anything tugging on the battery when the truck isn’t running. So I tapped a fuse that pulls switched power so the new USB port only works (and displays voltage) when the truck is running.

Jeff Groves

Retired Demo Expert. I don't need to run anymore!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found them without the battery voltage which I prefer. $7.95 each.
I have ordered 4.
2 will go in the dash area. (Saving the Cig lighter), one I'll put in the center console area under the lid. This one I'll wire always hot.
The last one I'll add in the back seat area some where.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons