Added an iPad mini to my dash...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, help me understand. How does the mini pad control everything? is it Bluetooth? I would love to have my Kindle in the Yukon and have it do everything, but how?
I have a place planed for it, and I will be replacing the entire Bose system. How does the nav work with the mini pad? Where are you getting your signal from?

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, help me understand. How does the mini pad control everything? is it Bluetooth? I would love to have my Kindle in the Yukon and have it do everything, but how?
I have a place planed for it, and I will be replacing the entire Bose system. How does the nav work with the mini pad? Where are you getting your signal from?

It's plugged in to a USB input from the mini to the back of the radio via the lightning cable. If you look at the second pic, you can see the radios "source" screen. So when I click in one of those sources, I can completely control the head unit. From the volume, eq, radio stations, everything.

One of my kids deleted the video I made so I'll make another video when I get home Monday

The map works fine. Just like using my iPhone since it uses AT&T service

Last edited by a moderator:

blkonblk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow great work Nathan as always

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Explain the lightning cable. is it just a USB for the radio to the Ipad. or is it more than that? is the head unit designed to be used with the cable to control it the way you have it?

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Explain the lightning cable. is it just a USB for the radio to the Ipad. or is it more than that?

There's a USB input on the radio and I'm using the standard lightning to USB cable that comes with iPads/iPods/iPhones

is the head unit designed to be used with the cable to control it the way you have it?

Yes. That's why I went with it. It's a normal radio, but with that USB input it's made to be controlled by a iPod/iPhone/iPad.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it now.
so could you control it with a Kindle via the usb link?

Or is it just an apple thing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas