Added a LTZ Suburban to the fleet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ron,
You don’t need to pull the overhead console. If you look at the back of the mirror if there are blue and white(pins 6/7 in the back of the mirror) wires it is pre-wired from the factory. If not you will have to run the wires. I didn’t trace the wires past the A pillar. I just spliced in as it came into the headliner behind the overhead console.

Check out this listing. It is the retro fit kit.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/153013471653

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

From a seller on ebay I heard that the Tahoe is probably wired, but since my mirror doesn't have any wires attached at all, they might be in that dome area. That overhead console can be removed by just pulling it out?

thanks,

Ron

OP
OP
Da90

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Dustin,

My 2013 SSV doesn't have any wires connected to the mirror I think (I'll double check tonight). BUT in these vehicles (PPV/SSV) it is not uncommon that the wiring harnes has been tucked awat and is still there. (for example it's teh same for the DIC in the dash).

Funny you sent the link for the retro fit kit.. it's exactly the one I was looking at. (mine doesn't have XM and onstar, BUT I assume I can just make the rest work? (with rest I mean, have the dimmed mirror and also the LCD for the backup camera).

Ron

Yeah being a SSV I am not sure. Like you said may have to dig into it. The link is from CopperZ71 which I think maybe a member on here or GMfullsize.

OP
OP
Da90

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From a seller on ebay I heard that the Tahoe is probably wired, but since my mirror doesn't have any wires attached at all, they might be in that dome area. That overhead console can be removed by just pulling it out?

thanks,

Ron
Pop the lens off the light and there are two torque screws on each side. Then it’s held in with clips towards the windshield. Once the screw are out it will just pop off.

OP
OP
Da90

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added another to the fleet. 77 TA Skybird 305. Trunk pan and floor pans look good. Does have rust in one if not both quarters. I will investigate a little more when I get it home. Hopefully not a complete rust bucket.

e44cf1174bdf9590a9f1fd3632d467b6.jpg
97ebd90aeaf07a7fb976c92f82498ca4.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Added another to the fleet. 77 TA Skybird 305. Trunk pan and floor pans look good. Does have rust in one if not both quarters. I will investigate a little more when I get it home. Hopefully not a complete rust bucket.

e44cf1174bdf9590a9f1fd3632d467b6.jpg
97ebd90aeaf07a7fb976c92f82498ca4.jpg

Wow, gonna restore it? I remember the yellow and red birds.

OP
OP
Da90

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, gonna restore it? I remember the yellow and red birds.
Not sure yet. That will depend on how much rust I find. If I’m not mistaken the Skybirds were the first of that line of basically color schemes.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I've never heard of the term "Sky Birds" before, and I've never seen that shade of blue either. Any more pics?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look too different from the Espirit's that James Rockford used to drive around in! Brings back a lot of memories, my buddy's first car was a '78 Camaro in that color, I was still too young to drive and got a lot time riding shotgun all over South Florida and the Keys after school and summers. Did they really have a 305 V8s back in '77?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look too different from the Espirit's that James Rockford used to drive around in! Brings back a lot of memories, my buddy's first car was a '78 Camaro in that color, I was still too young to drive and got a lot time riding shotgun all over South Florida and the Keys after school and summers. Did they really have a 305 V8s back in '77?
Didnt the berlinetta’s come with v6’s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz