Adaptive Cruise Control.

Do you like adaptive cruise control.

• Yes. I love it.

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No. I wish I would of stuck with regular cruise control.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2016 Yukon XL Denali

Can the adaptive cruise control be switched off so I can just use regular cruise control? I have heard a few people say they don't like the adaptive and I am worried I won't like it so before I order it..... it would be nice to be able to turn it off and use regular cruise control. Thank you.

Also do you like the adaptive cruise control.....

gary645

Reaction score
On the 2015 Yukon Denali the ACC is either on or off - it cannot be set to operate like a regular cruise control. I really like ACC - my only complaint is the "far" distance is too close to the vehicle in front - about a 1-½ second following distance. At "near" I'd like 1 second, "medium" 2 seconds, and "far" 3 seconds. I also find the speed control going up and down hills is not good. It can vary by as much as plus or minus 4 mph. Never had a vehicle with this much inaccuracy. I like ACC well enough to buy it again, just wish it worked better.

Weber Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda wished I had it but didn't want to wait for a custom order.

Demer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(1st post)
I picked up a new 2016 Yukon XL Denali a few weeks ago and already have over 2k on the clock. I've used the ACC and found that I really like it. It is much smoother slowing down when approaching a car as opposed to my wife's 2013 Land Cruiser that feels like it waits till the last second then is heavy on the brakes.
My only wish is that it was smoother on the gas pedal once there is no longer a car in front of me. This car is very anxious to get back up to speed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019