Accessory Outlets in second row...hissing sound?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hattie2879

Reaction score
So I have a 2017 Tahoe and whenever any passengers use the second row accessory outlets, they start making a hissing/static sound. And the phones (which are usually plugged in to be charged) get super hot, as does the charger. It goes away as soon as whatever is plugged in is unplugged. Anyone else have this issue?

I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to get my brake recall fixed and am gonna ask. Just wanted to know ahead of time if this is a common problem. I did a search of the forums but couldn't find anything.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have a 2017 Tahoe and whenever any passengers use the second row accessory outlets, they start making a hissing/static sound. And the phones (which are usually plugged in to be charged) get super hot, as does the charger. It goes away as soon as whatever is plugged in is unplugged. Anyone else have this issue?

I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to get my brake recall fixed and am gonna ask. Just wanted to know ahead of time if this is a common problem. I did a search of the forums but couldn't find anything.
sounds like a short in the power board, I would imagine the dealer will probably recommend replacing it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9