AC works on manual, but not auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craddock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We have a 2017 Tahoe that my wife daily drives for her and the kids with about 98k miles on it. We bought it used and it had the typical issues with AC and we spent $1,*** for it. IDR how much it was now, but it pissed me off back then. I took it to the dealer and had it fixed the right way with OE parts. Worked good for a couple of years, had to recharge it last summer. Now it could probably use a recharge again, still works good if you're driving, not great if you're sitting still.

New problem came up yesterday. Jump in and turn on the AC with auto - get absolutely nothing. No fan, no cold. Tried to set the temp up to high, no heat either. Turn the temp and fan manually and it works like normal. Any ideas on where to start?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a 2017 Tahoe that my wife daily drives for her and the kids with about 98k miles on it. We bought it used and it had the typical issues with AC and we spent $1,*** for it. IDR how much it was now, but it pissed me off back then. I took it to the dealer and had it fixed the right way with OE parts. Worked good for a couple of years, had to recharge it last summer. Now it could probably use a recharge again, still works good if you're driving, not great if you're sitting still.

New problem came up yesterday. Jump in and turn on the AC with auto - get absolutely nothing. No fan, no cold. Tried to set the temp up to high, no heat either. Turn the temp and fan manually and it works like normal. Any ideas on where to start?
possibly a temp sensor there are a couple in the roof panel, a good scan tool like a snap-on or oem type would be helpful because it probably has a error code, that type of code would not come up as a obd code. could be a few things really without getting that code it's a guessing game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094