AC troubleshooting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled both heads. Pulled compressor to get to the front cover bolt that hides under it. I guess it might have caused a stress fracture but that was almost 3 weeks ago that seems like a long time for it to leak.
You might have just damaged it, and it blew over time. It sucks, but don't knock yourself over it.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stress Fracture? You mean it's cracked? I figured it was the seal leaking there. Pressures going Hi again?

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might have just damaged it, and it blew over time. It sucks, but don't knock yourself over it.

When I first got the truck a different line developed a crack within the first month of ownership. Kinda frustrating.

Stress Fracture? You mean it's cracked? I figured it was the seal leaking there. Pressures going Hi again?

Won't know for sure if it's cracked till I get it off and look at it up close but it kinda looks like its bubbling from where the tube meets the big block. I'll have it off tonight to inspect.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you did weaken it or stress fracture happened, the leak may take a long time to show after temp changes under the hood and vibrations under the hood. It is a leak and does not really matter how but I would do that line and not lose sleep over it. Just :grd:

By the way, That looks like a line leak and not a seal. It's wet where the line attaches at the block and not wet on the other side of the block, where the seal is.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you did weaken it or stress fracture happened, the leak may take a long time to show after temp changes under the hood and vibrations under the hood. It is a leak and does not really matter how but I would do that line and not lose sleep over it. Just :grd:

By the way, That looks like a line leak and not a seal. It's wet where the line attaches at the block and not wet on the other side of the block, where the seal is.

Yep no need pouting over spilled r-134 lol. Got 6 cans of harbour freights finest refrigerant, and a line being sent from downtown to my local auto zone this evening. Should have it wrapped up before midnight. Just tired of working on the same POS lol I have other projects that require attention. In fact should be picking up a finished 408 stroker for my buddies Denali Friday and start on that next week.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When you work on so many things, like you do, you are gonna run into a problem every now and then. If you don't want problems and be able to not work on them, you gotta buy new and let the warranty handle any problems. But, where is the fun in that? I like my older rigs.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you work on so many things, like you do, you are gonna run into a problem every now and then. If you don't want problems and be able to not work on them, you gotta buy new and let the warranty handle any problems. But, where is the fun in that? I like my older rigs.

Oh yeah, I totally agree, keep messing with stuff and its gonna lose reliability. I just like the older gens too much.

I do actually have a backup which is a newish Toyota (actually a 2011 but only 70k miles) that was completely unmolested and had yearly checkup visits to the stealer as well as meticulous maintenance until someone wrecked it last Monday:bawl:.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone hit you while on a cell phone? Assholes...................:mad:

No, a family member borrowed it and had a medical event 300yards after leaving my house. Ended up sideswiping a fence took out 4 posts and wrapped it up in barbed wire which ended up holding it from rolling into a very deep canal. Nobody is hurt thankfully but it took about 20minutes to cut and untangle the barbed wire before the truck could be pulled out. Truck is driveable but the scratches are down to the metal so it needs a lot of paint work. 20200928_173114.jpg 20200928_182403.jpg 20200928_182407.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667