AC switched to HEAT while driving. PLEASE HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mech5700

Reaction score
I have been having the same prob for a while. It seems to come and go... So what i did was start the truck, set ac to max cold, turn off the truck, took out the 7mm screws holding the black kick panel up on the pass side, and disconnected the connector to the actuator thats towards the center console on the bottom. Put panel back up and now its on full cold all the time, im in south florida as well and have no need for heat...ever. pass side still has temp adjustment in case the lady gets chilly.

OP
OP
O

OneLuv1979

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been having the same prob for a while. It seems to come and go... So what i did was start the truck, set ac to max cold, turn off the truck, took out the 7mm screws holding the black kick panel up on the pass side, and disconnected the connector to the actuator thats towards the center console on the bottom. Put panel back up and now its on full cold all the time, im in south florida as well and have no need for heat...ever. pass side still has temp adjustment in case the lady gets chilly.

I have noticed the only 2 times mine has done it was when I was touching the climate control. Hopefully it don't do it. I don't mind spending the $69 for the part to have heat incase I ever head north on a road trip. Thanks for the tip though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16