AC problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've search around here a bit and followed some advice on other posts, but haven't been able to find this exact problem. Any advice is appreciated.

I have a 2010 Yukon SLT, 5.3L, 100k miles. It has the auto climate controls. I bought it back in Feb this year . This is the first time it's been warm enough to need AC. Both front and rear are only blowing warm air. All controls on the console work as far as dash/vent/floor, fan speed, heat, etc. It does not matter if I have it set to auto, ac, or recirculate, or what temp I set it on. The air is always warm.

Here's what I've checked so far:
Compressor engaged and runs fairly consistenly when AC is on.
The accumulator/drier under the hood is cold to the touch.
I stuck a recharge kit/gauge on it and it reads full
I blew out the 2 sensors on the headliner.
I replaced the blend door actuator under the passenger side dash. This did not make a difference.
I also recalibrated the system (remove ac fuse, start, shut off, etc). The system had set itself to 74degrees when complete, so I believe I did that correctly.

A side note, possibly related, when it got really cold back(around 0 degrees f) in February there were a few days when my defrost and heat would not come on at all. No air coming from the vents or dash as all. the heat/defrost was working fine before this. Once the temp warmed up a bit it started working. By the time the shop looked at it, weather had warmed up and could not reproduce the issue.

04BUCKET

Reaction score
I HAD A DEALERSHIP LOOK AT MY TAHOE FOR A WARM AIR ISSUE AS WELL. COULDN'T FIND ANY ISSUES AND ARE RECOMMENDING A COMPRESSOR REPLACEMENT. HAVEN'T DECIDED IF I NEED AC THAT BAD YET...

OP
OP
2010gmcyukon

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I HAD A DEALERSHIP LOOK AT MY TAHOE FOR A WARM AIR ISSUE AS WELL. COULDN'T FIND ANY ISSUES AND ARE RECOMMENDING A COMPRESSOR REPLACEMENT. HAVEN'T DECIDED IF I NEED AC THAT BAD YET...
I would gladly pay for a new compressor if I knew that was the problem. But yeah that's an expensive guess.

04BUCKET

Reaction score
I AGREE...PAYING FOR IT ISN'T THE ISSUE....AN EDUCATED GUESS IS THE ISSUE.

THAT BEING SAID....NO OTHER OPTIONS LEFT....AT LEAST AN AT COST DELCO ONE IS BETTER THAN NOTHING.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've search around here a bit and followed some advice on other posts, but haven't been able to find this exact problem. Any advice is appreciated.

I have a 2010 Yukon SLT, 5.3L, 100k miles. It has the auto climate controls. I bought it back in Feb this year . This is the first time it's been warm enough to need AC. Both front and rear are only blowing warm air. All controls on the console work as far as dash/vent/floor, fan speed, heat, etc. It does not matter if I have it set to auto, ac, or recirculate, or what temp I set it on. The air is always warm.

Here's what I've checked so far:
Compressor engaged and runs fairly consistenly when AC is on.
The accumulator/drier under the hood is cold to the touch.
I stuck a recharge kit/gauge on it and it reads full
I blew out the 2 sensors on the headliner.
I replaced the blend door actuator under the passenger side dash. This did not make a difference.
I also recalibrated the system (remove ac fuse, start, shut off, etc). The system had set itself to 74degrees when complete, so I believe I did that correctly.

A side note, possibly related, when it got really cold back(around 0 degrees f) in February there were a few days when my defrost and heat would not come on at all. No air coming from the vents or dash as all. the heat/defrost was working fine before this. Once the temp warmed up a bit it started working. By the time the shop looked at it, weather had warmed up and could not reproduce the issue.
so when you command it to 60 it only blows warm air? if so take a look at the blend door actuator (visibly) and see if it is all the way switched to cold or if it is only staying centered, if it is turned all the way and the ac only gets luke cold then you have a compressor problem or something clogged or condenser issue etc.

04BUCKET

Reaction score
LAST VISIT THEY WERE OPERATING CORRECTLY AND BLOWING NOT SO COLD AIR....MAY JUST HAVE TO BITE THE BULLET....

OP
OP
2010gmcyukon

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so when you command it to 60 it only blows warm air? if so take a look at the blend door actuator (visibly) and see if it is all the way switched to cold or if it is only staying centered, if it is turned all the way and the ac only gets luke cold then you have a compressor problem or something clogged or condenser issue etc.
Yes, even when temp is turned all the way down it does not change the air temp. I did try replacing the blend door actuator under the passenger side dash, but it didn't make any difference. Not sure if there are more than one of them?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, even when temp is turned all the way down it does not change the air temp. I did try replacing the blend door actuator under the passenger side dash, but it didn't make any difference. Not sure if there are more than one of them?
I understand you replaced it, but...did you watch it turn to cold and stay there? there may be a left and right blend (maybe) for the front, the rear will only have one blend door

OP
OP
2010gmcyukon

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand you replaced it, but...did you watch it turn to cold and stay there? there may be a left and right blend (maybe) for the front, the rear will only have one blend door
I don't know which side is cold, but I'll take another look to see if it rotates at all when I switch it from heat to cold.

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
Did you re-calibrate the blender door position? My blender door was acting up and was able to re-calibrate via my tech-2 scanner. Unfortunately my AC system still is in protection mode and will not engage my AC compressor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh