AC left me hanging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today there was a twist in my troubleshooting

This morning I had more issues, I smacked the lower dash and the blower came on just fine. After lunch I removed the under dash cover to started digging into troubleshooting and I could not get the blower motor to work regardless of what I did. Wiggling the wires or smacking it did not do a thing.

I inspected the wires carefully and none smelled or looked burnt.

I wiggled the wires all over and the blower never came on.

I used a multimeter to trace voltage all the way up to blower motor which was confusing because the blower motor would totally work fine once it was on. It looks like if you smack the blower motor directly or give it a spin to get it to start it will turn.

I put the old blower resistor into the Tahoe and same behavior happened where I had to mess with the blower motor to get it to start.

Everything is pointing to the blower motor itself now.

I have found on this gen that the blower motor goes bad, pull the fan electrical harness off and shine a flashlight inside the port and inspect the male end also, if it looks burnt at all then I would replace the motor without question. you can find them in the junkyard just be sure to get the correct style, the 07-09 trucks should have a self cooling vent from the motor internal and the 2010+ trucks have a little pipe that vents air from a small hole in the the airbox to the motor. there will be (2) 5.5mm screws to remove and then the vent comes off then there is a little plastic wing to lift up and then the fan will twist and come right out

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone have a link to a good blower motor that isn’t $100+?

The used market near me doesn’t have what I need and the only other yellow blower motor I can find is like $120 in rock auto.

Does my replacement have to be a yellow fan?

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed this blower motor today, seems to be a direct fit and works so far:AC Heater Blower Motor 700164 Replacement for Chevy Silverado, Tahoe, Avalanche, Suburban, Escalade, ESV, GMC Sierra, Yukon, H2 Replaces # 15-81683, 22741027, 20760618 https://a.co/d/1VhgzZh

I will update if needed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan