AC help (cold front/hot rear)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marco93L

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, I have an 02 Yukon with front and rear air.

I bought a new compressor, orphus tube and accumulator and seals. I pulled the vacume and charged it today. The Front vents on the dash gets down to 55* but all the rear vents are blowing hot air. It doesnt matter what I do with the controls, it always blow hot air from the rear vents.

Also, I noticed when the AC is running, the lines that are coming off the accumulator are icing over and the small line after the orphus tube is not getting as Warm (hot) as I would think that it would. I added little over 40oz of freon and the guages were right at 35-38 on the low side when cycling and 150 on the high side. This seems close to what it is suspose to be, but I was thinking that it still isnt right.

Do you think that there is something in the rear Ac system that can cause it not to blow cold and keep the high/low number to differ?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!!
I need to get it running for the wife and kids, but I just cant afford the dealership.

Thanks
Marco

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019