Ac Clutch not Engaging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Migo713

Reaction score
So my Ac stopped working a couple of weeks now and been trying to figure out what is wrong with it. Ive already tried checking my fuses and relay and are good. I rented some pressure gauges from autozone and noticed my low pressure was high almost 90psi and my high pressure side was at 0 which is not right. So I thought it could be a clogged orifice tube or the accumulator, so I went ahead and had a shop recover my refrigerant. Then I ordered the new orifice tube and accumulator and had them vacuum the system after I installed them. Then they put back in my refrigerant which was 3pounds cause I have the rear ac. After all that the ac clutch still does not engage and cool. The guy there thought it might be my AC control in the truck so I ordered a used working one to try but also nothing. Ive tried jumping the low pressure switch but the compressor does not come on like that, which I believe it should. So I think that may have something to do with it not sure. Also tried jumping the AC relay contacts and that does work. It makes the compressor clutch kick on and cold air comes out like normal. So im not sure what else steps I should take at troubleshooting this to get it working properly. My truck is a 2000 Gmc Yukon 8 cylinder with the 5.3L slt. With the Front and rear ac. If any of you guys could help out I would appreciate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz