AC blowing "lukecold"; HVAC sticker needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 GMC Yukon Denali XL. Taking it to the shop tomorrow because the AC is "lukecold"; only blows cold when holding engine speed above 2000RPM and going at least 70MPH. Even then, it alternates between blowing cold air and obviously hot air from outside.

The problem is, the front sticker under the hood that shows what type of refrigerant and how much to use, is completely worn out. Does anyone know the specs, or can anyone take a pic for me on a similar vehicle?

Thanks so much!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sounds like is low on refrigerant and has a slow leak. As refrigerant leaks out, the pressure in the system drops and then the refrigerant will leak out slower. That is what it SOUNDS like but gauges will spill the beans. Also, make sure the radiator are functioning properly during the a/c process. May also need the radiator and condenser blown out for better air flow.

I am sorry but do not know the specs on sticker but I joined ALLDATAdiy.com and have all those specs at my fingertips.

OP
OP
J

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: took it to the shop. Had them do a simple evac and fill. They said they took half a pound extra out.

Fun fact: today was 104 degrees. The ride home from the shop was an hour..... I FROZE MY A** OFF all the way back. The truck's AC was so ice cold, I was sure that I saw some frost, either from my breath, coming out the vents, or I was hallucinating. Either way, it's fixed. :Big Laugh:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That's why I have said and many others here have said, "What do the gauges read/say"?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 GMC Yukon Denali XL. Taking it to the shop tomorrow because the AC is "lukecold"; only blows cold when holding engine speed above 2000RPM and going at least 70MPH. Even then, it alternates between blowing cold air and obviously hot air from outside.

The problem is, the front sticker under the hood that shows what type of refrigerant and how much to use, is completely worn out. Does anyone know the specs, or can anyone take a pic for me on a similar vehicle?

Thanks so much!
Glad you got it fixed. The system takes 3 pounds or 48 ounces or 4 of those R134A cans. Here's a photo of mine before it turned completely white:20190807 - Underhood AC Sticker.jpg