AC BLOWING HOT AS HELL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CTUBS8732

CTUBS8732

Reaction score
Held vacuum , now compressor is not kicking on. Grabbing a new pressure switch before I attempt this compressor again. All fuses are good as well.

OP
OP
CTUBS8732

CTUBS8732

Reaction score
New cycling switch was put on and fixed the cycling issue. Now I'm certain it's behind the dash.

What door or what could be causing me to get heater core air only? Both actuators in passenger side were replaced and relearned.

Did I forget something along the way of assembly?

Didn't have this issue before. Only issue I had before was hot on passenger and cold on the other. I would just unplug the actuator when both sides blew cold to keep it like that but now I have this going on.

OP
OP
CTUBS8732

CTUBS8732

Reaction score
Fixed my issue. Temperature Control Actuator. Sits right on top of the box behind the little cubby on the dash about mid way.

You'll need someone with small slim hands.

I had to drop glove box, remove passenger side airbag (disconnect neg batt terminal before) then "WE" were able to get it out.
Turns out the position was wrong.

Also figured out you can repair these acutaors in less than a minute just by repositioning the gears inside..

Hopefully someone else who has this problem doesn't have as much trouble as I did.
So.....
Drivers side actuator: under dash on left side of the box controls defrost and floor.

Temp control actuator: located behind dash, behind center vent and cubby.

Blend Door Actuator: passenger underside of dash next to center console.

Recirculating actuator: near firewall positioned vertically. Center closer to the the right side.

Hope this info helps.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the old compressor come apart? If so, the orifice tube would be clogged with metal debris.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne