A small vent toward the GM engineers who keep Engineering Obsolescence into our vehicles.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nath

Reaction score
I have only this weekend, after 10 years and some odd months figured out when my back deck lid does not latch all the way, (its partially latched b/c tailgate will not open) the Tahoe will go into Limp mode. throwing off the "Service Traction Control" light in the dic as well as the displaying "service stabiltrack"...LET THE HARD SHIFTS BEGIN!
All because my back tailgate lid is not completely latched!! Jesus H and Jiminy Cricket! This is beyond ridiculous, listen when I have a coil that misfires in the engine, guess what "service stablitrack","Service Traction Control". Hard shifts begin again. I now get what the Body control module does. IT Screws with the Engine Control Module and the Transmission control module to generate mucho dinero for the service departments in the dealerships.
Don't get me wrong, I love my Tahoe...But I must have gotten the worst year 2007, but i love it. Its mine, its paid for and I love it. I drove it for over 4 years when the 4wd would not work. I cant seem to give her up. After 2k in Dealership fees to replace wheel bearing and put in a new 4wd actuator. "I said to myself, man smooth sailing now", Yeah right.
Good night all, my rant is over.
Nath

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Agreed. Too many chips, not enough plain old solenoids and relays.
I had the exact same "Service Stablitrack","Service Traction Control" warning, accompanied by hard down shifts and high trans temps. It was only shifting hard down though so when braking I had to put it in neutral to prevent the hard down shifts.
Turns out it was caused by a bad wire at one fuel injector connector. It's little crap like that that tempts me now and then to go take my dog to GM's HQ and have him drop a deuce on their lawn.

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have only this weekend, after 10 years and some odd months figured out when my back deck lid does not latch all the way, (its partially latched b/c tailgate will not open) the Tahoe will go into Limp mode. throwing off the "Service Traction Control" light in the dic as well as the displaying "service stabiltrack"...LET THE HARD SHIFTS BEGIN!
All because my back tailgate lid is not completely latched!! Jesus H and Jiminy Cricket! This is beyond ridiculous, listen when I have a coil that misfires in the engine, guess what "service stablitrack","Service Traction Control". Hard shifts begin again. I now get what the Body control module does. IT Screws with the Engine Control Module and the Transmission control module to generate mucho dinero for the service departments in the dealerships.
Don't get me wrong, I love my Tahoe...But I must have gotten the worst year 2007, but i love it. Its mine, its paid for and I love it. I drove it for over 4 years when the 4wd would not work. I cant seem to give her up. After 2k in Dealership fees to replace wheel bearing and put in a new 4wd actuator. "I said to myself, man smooth sailing now", Yeah right.
Good night all, my rant is over.
Nath
Maybe they did that to keep the exhaust fumes from killing the occupants? Just a thought! as my pastor would say.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, control modules can be a PIA, unless you have a quality bi-directional scanner/programmer tool, which can communicate with the control module and give you targeted troubleshooting information. However, I've changed FAR more relays and solenoids, than I changed control modules.

OP
OP
nath

nath

Reaction score
THere is no corrosion, I live in Alabama, however it was my fault for over stuffing the back "cargo space" . lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tim j