A question about Vinyl Wrap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
The Gold-ish bowtie on the front has faded, and when you get close to it, it just looks old and worn.

Question 1: What kind of Vinyl wrap should I use (mil , etc) for something that will routinely take 80+mph debris damage (bugs, small rocks, etc)

Question 2: I'm not painting the grill or the grill trim any time soon, or maybe ever. It's already colormatched to the truck with Z71 package, so what color do I wrap the Bowtie? Black seems like the safe choice, I had played around with the idea of silver, or maybe even gold again, and Had also thought about putting reflective white or gold.

thanks again guys

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So many options from Plasti Dip to paint to vinyl. Really becomes a personal preference for color, but the OEM gold has to go. My 06 front bow tie is color matched to my wheels as the entire front end is color matched to body paint. My 13 front and rear bow ties are color matched to the body paint.

Hit up @05Single. His build thread shows some reflective bow ties and cool lighting options as well.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/05singles-virgin-build-thread-03-tahoe.79987/

OP
OP
jarydM

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Hit up @05Single. His build thread shows some reflective bow ties and cool lighting options as well.

His build tread is where I got the idea for the reflective. There is just something awesome looking about a glowing bowtie showing up in someone's rearview.

Matching it to the wheels is an idea, I think it would look good Brushed silver-ish.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep he has some cool stuff in there.

Quick and easy with some Silver Plasti Dip and Glossifier for under $10 you can test the waters to see if you like it or hate it.

Peel it off and try another color if you want before you paint it properly. Just .02.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Haha thanks guys.
You got my vote for silver, blackout is always a clean look but I prefer to show off the bowtie proudly.
I say go white reflective. It will be colormatched and it would light up at night.
Not sure what mill I have but I know it's 3M brand. I got it from a sign shop that makes construction signs and lettering so the stuff I have is damn near bulletproof. Its rough so it doesn't really stretch but you don't need to for this application. Legitimately scratch proof, I tried, it don't scratch.

If you can't find some in your area I can grab you some. I paid $6 for enough to do 2-3 bowties.

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_0071.JPG IMG_0072.JPG Just for reference, I used silver plastidip w/ glossifier on my Impala front bowtie and also to cover up the fake wood grain interior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coops924