A-pillar panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone no if the a-pillar panels out of silverado or sierra fit your trucks? I had drilled both a-pillar panels to fit some new tweeters in there. Love the way they look ( with a little trimming and the bottom would be flush), but a little to obvious for me from the outside. This is my daily driver and family car, so dont want it to get broken into.
0324102248.jpg
Now the only options that i can think of, is to
1. try to colormatch the tweeter grilles and see how they tun out,
2. buy some new a-pillar panels ( since these have two big ass holes in them) and mount the componet tweeter in the door next to the woofer, and the upstage to the overhead console and have them aimed toward the windshield.

I think im leaning toward #2, just wasnt sure if i NEED to get the panels out of NBS kon,hoe,nali,esky.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd flush mount those and paint to match, as long as the grilles come off. Why spend more than you have to?

Bailey-Hoe!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
someone would be obviously staking you out to make that be the impetus for breaking in. And if they were staking you out, they would notice the rest of the stuff in the truck...not just the modded A-Pillars.

My opinion, flush mount, and spray paint if you are worried, I am sure you could get it close.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 Who would break into a truck just 'cause they saw some tweeters? I think the truck itself would be the main motivation. Don't worry 'bout the components! (Unless it's REALLY hard to find tweeters in your town!) J/K

OP
OP
matt14

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, it aint the fact of the tweeters, its just if im at the store and someone can see the tweeters from the outside, they may want to take a closer look into the truck. I'm just kinda paroniod when it comes to the truck since my cousins yukon just got stolen which is down the street from me and my boys colorado and maxima both got broken into and the stereo systems were stolen out of both.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LoL! Yeah, my Yukon just got stolen (in St.Pete) a few months ago!.....but **** a thief!!! Don't let that possibility keep you from enjoying your ride! Paint, flushmount, AND INSURE! LOL!!

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I'd run the tweets in the doors next to the mid, less conspicuous and I've heard they image better.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all depends on where you put 'em. You don't want someones leg blockin' the sine waves!

yukonjacks

A Vegitative State
Reaction score
Sounds like its the neighborhood. If someone want you truck, scope out the tweeters and then break in. They already know there going to yank your truck

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least paint match the grills to the interior, that would make them alot less obvious, and if you can indeed flush mount them it would be a bonus!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yukon Gal