A Little help with a logo Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good ideas. Thanks! I have to be careful not to violate the trademark Cadillac V emblem. I think changing the shape and color of it is good enough.
In California, I hung out with a few racing artists. They created paint renderings on dragsters / funny cars/ INDY cars, etc. When a sponsor was on a car, the look/logo were recognizable as their product.

When an artist created a painting ( printed into posters), many cars in the picture looked "similar" to a famous race. But to you ..you knew what the cars were. Even though the cars' paint jobs were slightly different. That is how you are protected from copyright issues.
So, make the 'V' series familiar, but not exact, you will be fine.

Here is a perfect example: My friend ( Kenny Youngblood) did a beautiful painting of the famous 'Pierson Bros Coupe'. I actually saw the coupe many years later at the 'El Mirage' salt flats reunion races.
Kenny's painting sold very well, and it shows the coupe in a red/white colors.
Notice the photo I took, at the bottom right corner. The rear of the coupe in blue.
( That's how artists protect themselves from any copyright/trademark issues )

Attachments

• 20171009_190604.jpg
    20171009_190604.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Thanks, Good to know. I changed the direction and colors of the stripes in the V. I also widened the vertical portion of the V and added a stripe there. But, I'm considering leaving the V off. Here is the logo I'm favoring. I made it up based on comments ya'll made about the others patches. I believe it's trademark safe

Attachments

• capdecalgmperformanceparts.jpg
    capdecalgmperformanceparts.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons