A Few ?s...2008 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AR34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thought I would just compile all my exterior questions in one thread...

Looking for some recommendations on headlights, taillights, fender flares, and tow mirrors.

I would like smoked HL/TL that offer better light than the factory setup.

Anyone have pocket rivet style fender flares on their 07-14? Like the look on an offroad rig.

Also wanting to go with some factory style tow mirrors. Don’t need power fold or side lights. Just wondering if there was an easy OEM swap I could do.

Any recommendations? Thanks.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
With headlights, that’s tricky. All aftermarket still use the same bulb so that’s a wash. Until recently no Yukon lights looked decent until these showed up with a decent led daytime running light.

bb9841266a6cce236cf8b376f2b099df.jpg

They look great but the projection headlights still use oem style bulbs. I even ran the Sylvania Silverstar bulbs and they were marginally better. The DRL don’t come during the day unless you turn on your running lights.

These are a really good candidate for an HID conversion. The projectors are good enough to handle the output and the air shocks in back will keep the phat *** of the truck from blinding oncoming traffic with a load. I won’t recommend LED bulbs (on a stick). Their technology doesn’t let them get 100% of the light on the road.

Start by reading about how to remove the front bumper cover on a Yukon for starters. 15-30 to do it the 1st time. 5-10 afterwards. Yes, it’s horrible to replace headlights without removing it and I guarantee you’ll break a retainer clip on the harness if you short cut things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
A

AR34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Appreciate the info. I’ll look into them.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smoked healights are often worse light output then OEM. Unless the lens is not smoked.

The reviews of aftermarket headlight on here is not good. I gave up and just put Sealight LEDS in mine . They last longer than Silverstars and are about the same brightness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC