A/C Seats??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoe_14

Reaction score
I know LTZ had the option for a/c seats, but is it possible to throw some in the NNBS? Has anyone done this? I searched and couldn't find anything about a kit. Being in AZ I will use that feature more than the heated seats.

I figure it will have to be reprogrammed by the stealership and all that. Just wondering if it would be an option. Thanks in advance.

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess would be get the seats out of one that had that option also get the door panel (or where ever the switch for them is) and have it programed and it should work. But that's just a guess.

OP
OP
Hoe_14

Hoe_14

Reaction score
yeah, I know I would need switches. wasn't sure where the compressor (I would guess there is a compressor) would go, how big it was, if it was built in the seat, all that. I have custom leather and tried to avoid swapping the complete seat out as a whole. Just wondering if it was possible to add to a non-a/c seat and how much trouble it would be.

jjlw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
please post what you find. a/c seats would be a nice addition.

OP
OP
Hoe_14

Hoe_14

Reaction score
haven't found anything really, I'll update this if I do find anything

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought this feature was just a small fan and possibly some ducting that was all contain under the seat ?????

The A/C is no more than just moving air....not actually cooled/dried air.

windycitylp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
when you activate the "cooled" seats you hear a fan. thats why they refer to them as ventilated instead of A/C or cooled. love them. warm climate with leather its a god send. lol

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you are correct that "cooled" seats are just a ventilation fan but it's amazing how well it works. The issues I see to add the "factory" setup is that it is ran through the BCM. I am not sure if the wiring is there since I have yet to tear apart the new trucks. Then on top of that, you need perforated leather to get the full benefit. Aftermarket fans and maybe Katzkin covers would be the best way to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treyseanpowell