A/C question on the 99 Tahoe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 07Burb, Jun 8, 2018.

1. 07Burb

07Burb GM fan for life Staff Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Jacob
    my AC is not cold and I’m not sure why. It was cold until about 3 weeks ago and I’m not sure what’s happened. I’ve top off the r134a. That didn’t work. I replaced the climate control switch. That didn’t fix the air temp issue (needed replaced anyway). I have also replaced the actuator that controls the temperature. That didn’t fix it either.

Any other ideas? I’ve double checked the R134 pressure and it’s staying at the desired level so there’s not a big leak somewhere :hmm:

EDIT: I’ve also confirmed that the compressor is engaging and appears to be working

2. fastpat

fastpat Senior Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Pat
    At this point I'd consider a reliable HVAC shop, unless you want to spend more time on this. Are all your vacuum hoses fresh? Other actuators functional?

Based on your posts I've read, I know you're a knowledgeable man, so we both know that the HVAC isn't a mystery, just ornery sometimes.

3. YAMBAG

YAMBAG Member

Name:
    BRAD
    Did you check the pressure on both the low AND hi side? Just checking the low side isnt good enough.

07Burb likes this.
  4. sumo

sumo dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı

Name:
    ian
    Yes I’d check the pressure sensor. Jump the low side and see if that works. If so faulty sensor

07Burb likes this.
  5. YAMBAG

YAMBAG Member

Name:
    BRAD
    Couple more things Id like to add.

check the heater core and the box and look for debris buildup on the core. There are youtube videos on how to clean it out.

Check the condenser for debris. Clean with pressurized water and a cleaning solution

also check the high and low pressure (PSI) of the system and ensure it is running as efficient as possible. These trucks take 2lbs of R134. DO NOT overfill it.

07Burb likes this.