A/C issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have a 2000 Tahoe LS and my heat works amazing, gets super hot but my ac is not blowing cold at all, I tried to charge it and it was reading a good psi then I realized this plug was not plugged in so I plugged it in and then it starts making this awful noise until I unplug it, anybody know what could be causing this??55CDCFDD-9D1F-467F-9C70-A2C97D73A59D.jpegA6DE231F-CBB1-4448-8EFF-CBF8A47F1DC4.png

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I believe that is the low pressure/clutch cycling switch at the accumulator and I agree with @Scottydoggs, noise is likely compressor related. The noise was never described but was likely rattling if compressor is kaput or screeching if clutch locked up or bearing locked and either way, that is not good on the belt. You have major a/c work ahead of you. Compressor assembly, accumulator, orifice, new shraders, flush entire system.....etc.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

woodsie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 05 did same.
So I have a 2000 Tahoe LS and my heat works amazing, gets super hot but my ac is not blowing cold at all, I tried to charge it and it was reading a good psi then I realized this plug was not plugged in so I plugged it in and then it starts making this awful noise until I unplug it, anybody know what could be causing this??View attachment 392539View attachment 392540
It's your blower. I took mine out, clean an lubed it. No noise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros

Latest posts