A/C Condenser replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I was just checking to see if anyone has replaced the AC condenser in their 2015+?

My AC has gone out and if I had 20K miles less they have a special warranty setup for those of us that have had the AC stop blowing cold air (5 year or 60K miles).

Anyway, looking online it seems to be a reasonable repair because you can actually get to the cooler without taking the entire front end off. I found a few videos online but I was wondering if anyone had part numbers, tips or tricks, or reassurance that it's a fairly simple job.

Mine is leaking at the welds on the condenser. The dealer wants 5 hours of labor to do the job and I've seen others pull the condenser in about 45 minutes. So if anybody has any helpful information, that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue. Contacted GM via BBB and asked for assistance. I faxed a copy of my paid invoice last week. Don’t know if I will get anything back, but it was worth a shot.

WDTSuburban15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I was just checking to see if anyone has replaced the AC condenser in their 2015+?

My AC has gone out and if I had 20K miles less they have a special warranty setup for those of us that have had the AC stop blowing cold air (5 year or 60K miles).

Anyway, looking online it seems to be a reasonable repair because you can actually get to the cooler without taking the entire front end off. I found a few videos online but I was wondering if anyone had part numbers, tips or tricks, or reassurance that it's a fairly simple job.

Mine is leaking at the welds on the condenser. The dealer wants 5 hours of labor to do the job and I've seen others pull the condenser in about 45 minutes. So if anybody has any helpful information, that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I’m at 59k on a 15 and my AC is having the same issue. It’s at the dealership now and waiting to hear the prognosis. Thankfully I got an extended warranty when I bought my suburban used! I’ll let u know what part numbers are provided. Also getting the coolant smell fixed and the side detection not working.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autozone makes a condenser that is actually better quality than the GM if you are on a fixed budget.

OP
OP
DWTahoe

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the part number from the dealer and they did say it was the updated version of the condenser. However, if the Autozone one is just as good and cheaper than the new OE one I'm interested in checking that out too. Do you have a part number from autozome?

GM part number I have is #84621302 - $195 or so.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think we have been paying $120 or so at the dealership I work at for the Autozone condenser. It has better welds and the new GM is no different than the one coming off your vehicle.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think we have been paying $120 or so at the dealership I work at for the Autozone condenser. It has better welds and the new GM is no different than the one coming off your vehicle.

Seriously? Good to know, thanks.

OP
OP
DWTahoe

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have to try the AutoZone one. Not a single GM available in Colorado at this time. Everything is back ordered nation wide according to all our dealers and the ones they do have are set aside for customers already. What a PITA.....

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue. Contacted GM via BBB and asked for assistance. I faxed a copy of my paid invoice last week. Don’t know if I will get anything back, but it was worth a shot.
I’m getting nearly $500 of what I paid for my repair back from GM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray1288