99 Tahoe hvac control replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The hvac control was loose in the 99 Tahoe. I was pulling the lighter panel to install the new USB port and found the controller all broken up. Looking at ebay and amazon replacements. Anybody have any experience with them?
I have personally bought a refurnished HVAC control head and a stock radio/cd player for my Bose system and both have been just fine, a couple years later.

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hvac control was loose in the 99 Tahoe. I was pulling the lighter panel to install the new USB port and found the controller all broken up. Looking at ebay and amazon replacements. Anybody have any experience with them?
I forget what I paid on the Bay, $45 or so. Works fine ... so far.

LABLT A/C Heater Climate Switch For 1996-2000 Chevrolet Suburban Tahoe GMC Yukon

Main difference is whether you have the rear defroster or not. Look for the extra button on the lower left.

OP
OP
Foot0069

Foot0069

Reaction score
NOS pieces are priced out of sight. I'm not a big fan off the china stuff. So I did a thing. Swapped the broken case parts into the good case non rear defrost spare I had. If you go junkyard shopping find one made out of white plastic. The beige ones are too brittle. I used the little screwdriver to reach into the bottom of the tab slot, a little twist and push released the tabs. Remove the face plate, dont disturb the white switch actuators. There are two little tabs to release the rear defogger switch assy. They broke as soon as I looked at them. It will slide right in the no switch housing and latch in place. Don't loose the little spring! A dab of the silicone grease inside the switch housing will hold the spring in place during assembly. The housing will have plenty to use. Small end toward the micro switch. Snap the face plate back on and bingo.

Attachments

• 20230928_142853.jpg
    20230928_142853.jpg
    453.7 KB · Views: 3

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go junkyard shopping find one ...
Unfortunately that is extremely regional. I have four yards that could be called decent. Only one has frames before about 2005 and they are mostly just that .... frames. Fully picked over and what's left has been rained on multiple times, so interior and electric parts are wasted.

OP
OP
Foot0069

Foot0069

Reaction score
I miss the upullit yard in Richmond Va. They had 3 different yards. I just looked at 400 Tahoes there. 4 Tahoes and 3 Yukons. $235 for a motor with a $50.00 core charge. Too bad it's 5.5 hrs away now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz