99' Cadillac Escalade "Immanuel" video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I would not worry about smoke right now. Likely the exhaust clearing out for now but in another thread you mentioned black soot. The plug may be fouled and not 100% since it did not have the plug wire on. Put some new plugs in. Do a compression test and do an oil change to see what happens with that tick noise.

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$800!!! Wow! Looks great for that kind of money. I agree with VietVet. Do the basic tune up. Take it to autozone or the parts store near you and have them hook up the scanner for codes. While there, buy a bottle of seafoam. If you aren't familiar look it up on youtube. Make sure you follow the instructions. I did a bottle in the gas tank and a bottle through the intake and even though the work it did was minimal smoke wise, I did notice my tahoe seemed to run a little smoother.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not worry about smoke right now. Likely the exhaust clearing out for now but in another thread you mentioned black soot. The plug may be fouled and not 100% since it did not have the plug wire on. Put some new plugs in. Do a compression test and do an oil change to see what happens with that tick noise.
What he said, and to add, the 305 and 350 engines were pretty well known to develop Valve Guide Seal leaks. Just another thing to keep in mind..

OP
OP
preacherman22

preacherman22

Reaction score
Definitely will. Thank you. I just got the new cap and rotor today. Install tomorrow. I took it for a ride today, and IMMEDIATELY she started running better and the white exhaust stopped. No water in the oil either. She ran good once I was rolling and seemed to improve as I drove it. Now she's idling much better, no more smoke and the lifter isn't ticking as loud either. But I will follow your recommendations sir! Thank you much and I'll keep y'all updated.