98 yukon 4wd lower control arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seandw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, everyone , looking for replacement lower control arms for my 1998 yukon I am having a hard time finding them. Has anybody had this problem? Any help is appreciated.

OP
OP
S

Seandw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
no. you can find them on amazon or rockauto. moog ones have joints and bushings already installed.

I could only find the 2wd lower arms, , local shops couldn't supply them either. Wouldn't have a part # by any chance? Thanks for the reply!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
we it looks like they don,t make the complete lower ones any more just sell the pieces individually including the arm is your rm actually damaged?

OP
OP
S

Seandw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
we it looks like they don,t make the complete lower ones any more just sell the pieces individually including the arm is your rm actually damaged?

Yes it is, the sway bar link pulled up through on both sides

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
wow, and actually ripped a larger hole in the arms? just want to verify that. if so i can get you part numbers from moog for everything except the actual arms. they will likely be a different brand.

pistnbroke88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well hats off. I did a ton of wheeling yrs ago and had torsion bar tension decimated the rusted LCA. So there are 2 options.. Used, this is a good cheap option there out there just getting someone to pull them that is the issue #2 both MOOG and Mevotech make them bran-spankin' new 180-200$ maybe partsgeek or rock auto cannot remember?

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
If you can find them at a junkyard or online the forged lower control arms from a 98-99 K2500 will also work and be an improvement.
Forged compared to cast, utilize a larger ball joint and tighter turning radius. Last i checked you can find a quality pair for $150. You will just need to purchase new ball joints and have them pressed in.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you find a quality used set replace the bushings and ball joints before you install them.

Removing the LCAs is something you'll only want to do once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989