98 Tahoe with misfire for cyl 5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoes-before-bros

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
98 tahoe with 80k miles. Car had power loss. I changed the plugs and wires ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341276019.288845.jpgsince cyl 5 plug was full of ash. All other plugs Look good. Truck runs good now but is this indicative of another issue?

turk

Reaction score
Looks like you may have a valve problem.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

You know... just got to thinking. I wonder if you have a fuel injector problem? I think it's also possible that you have a bad spark plug wire on #5... I'd start there.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if the plug was just covered in ash but no physical damage you are burning oil or coolant. a screwy injector or wire don't do that typically.

OP
OP
H

hoes-before-bros

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will run the Truck for two months and recheck plug 5. I have no signs of coolant loss other than moist dexcool in the front where the RTP sealer was applied. Intake gasket was changed to felpro two years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aye_rod