'98 A/C Compressor on 24/7 - Thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Keep us posted because I got the warning about nuts on the evaporators from GM mechanic . He said they can even look good and still snap off .

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
Crap, I'm sure this is going to turn into a huge project. NOTHING on this truck goes according to plan. I saw a YT video where someone cut off part of the nut on the male side near the firewall to be able to get a good grip on it.

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let the nuts on the dryer soak in penetrating oil and you should be fine. Mine came off easy but it does have little in the way of corrosion living in So Cal. I normally soak my nuts the day before I work on anything. ;)

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let the nuts on the dryer soak in penetrating oil and you should be fine. Mine came off easy but it does have little in the way of corrosion living in So Cal. I normally soak my nuts the day before I work on anything. ;)
Ok I will use deep creep it's my stuff I use on the old tractors stuff pretty amazing what it brakes loose seafoam makes it . Thanks for the tip..

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crap, I'm sure this is going to turn into a huge project. NOTHING on this truck goes according to plan. I saw a YT video where someone cut off part of the nut on the male side near the firewall to be able to get a good grip on it.
Find that YouTube where guys switching body and frames on Tahoe's . Then all our projects seem easy .. It was good Yukon XL therapy. I know what your talking about . [emoji106][emoji41]

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
More than likely after this weekend, my husband is going to want to roll FrankenBetty in the street and light her on fire. Or he's going to be really happy. No telling!

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
It's like I'm a fortune teller or something! That side of the drier by the firewall? Easiest thing to take off today! Ended up buying a new condenser, manifold lines, and a liquid line because of course, the Junkyard Hoe would just not budge!!!! Had to cut the liquid line on the condenser, couldn't get the manifold line out of the drier. Heavy duty penetrating oil, heat, brute strength...NOTHING! Had to rent a vacuum pump because the one at the shop grew legs. Oh and it would be great if AC DELCO would state that the damn orifice tube was already in place in the damn condensor. Got it all back together and home. Going to vacuum it down and hope and pray it holds vacuum and then charge it. My luck, the f&cking evaporator took a shit and we will have to drop the dash. But the positive to that is being able to change out that blender door actuator that is no good. I did pick up a set of really good GMT800 grey front seats for the ol' girl. Gonna have to let the hubby recover a bit before we fab those into the Hoe. Pretty sure removing my seatbelts from the B pillar and floor will give him an aneurysm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645