97 Tahoe sport evaporative canister routing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Budavid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi..
I have a 1997 tahoe sport with 5.7 Vortech and I think I have a mistake routing the evaporative canister lines since the attached picture shows the ports from left to right:
1- tank
2-air cleaner
3- purge

Right now tank port (left) is not connected to anything and can't find a tube to connect to it. Air cleaner port (middle connected to tank) and purge (right) is going the the intake solenoid valve.

Should I connect tank tube to tank port and leave air cleaner tube free or am I missing a tube here? I don't see any loose tube or open port.

DSC_1374.JPG

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The port to “tank” is collecting gasoline vapors from the gas tank, so I think that line should connect there and not onto the “air” port.

I’ve usually seen the air port being a vent. My 1998 is slightly different, it has a solenoid on the vent.

The line to the purge solenoid on the intake goes under the tank line, so you have that right.

Here’s a video showing a 1996. The canister part number is the same as a 1997. Note that the “air” port appears to have a flat plug or cap on it.

Part image from Rockauto...

4365d8e04ec56b0cd27118a96e134911.jpg

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...061367,exhaust+&+emission,vapor+canister,5180

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi..
I have a 1997 tahoe sport with 5.7 Vortech and I think I have a mistake routing the evaporative canister lines since the attached picture shows the ports from left to right:
1- tank
2-air cleaner
3- purge

Right now tank port (left) is not connected to anything and can't find a tube to connect to it. Air cleaner port (middle connected to tank) and purge (right) is going the the intake solenoid valve.

Should I connect tank tube to tank port and leave air cleaner tube free or am I missing a tube here? I don't see any loose tube or open port.

View attachment 190965
1996 Yukon posted twice idk73B001D7-8BD1-41F7-B2CA-FECEF6B9B6EF.jpeg

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A92CF677-5453-45C0-813B-99E4F69572E3.jpeg N
Hi..
1- tank
2-air cleaner
3- purge

View attachment 190965
1996 Yukon as of today tried to send from phone I don’t know what happened maybe on here 3 Times yeah three times idk wtf

Tahoe97

Reaction score
Thanks for straightening me out on which ports connect to which lines. Here is where the other end of the purge line goes on a 97 Tahoe 5.7, the Vapor Canister Purge Valve solenoid on the intake manifold. The open port is where it attaches.Edwards 97 Tahoe canister purge valve at manifold.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilflip

Latest posts