'97 Chevy Tahoe not starting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteHoeProject

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
(This is an updated post to my old "1997 Chevy Tahoe wont start" thread but im fairly new here so im not sure if i can edit that one or merge them or anything so im making a new one sorry if this isnt allowed or anything?)

So - Back a few months ago I started having a problem with what i though was my Starter - Starting my truck with the "Screwdriver Method" for a while was successful and still is fairly succesful. Although I am sick of running around to my passenger side to ram my truck with a driver every time i want to start it.

So I did research and found many possibilities online and started cracking on some fixes.

Step 1:
I changed my Starter
O3XmkiI.jpg

Step 2:
I changed my Neutral Safety Switch
wwgggkC.jpg

Step 3:
I checked and cleaned my battery terminals
55EXU7G.jpg
rRNkrbK.jpg

Step 4:
I tested my battery terminals
I AM AWARE IM NOT GETTING 12.4V MY BATTERY IS JUST LOW IN THE PIC
It usually gives off 12.4v - 12.6v power on battery when charged. Just wasnt at the time of pic
zVr9NnN.jpg

Step 5:
Replaced my trucks ground straps - Engine to frame - Frame to cab. etc..
All seeming to receive a good 10v (thats what my battery was at at the time of testing and other pics)
KEgM01K.jpg
V1cNpKX.jpg
a1lA05X.jpg

Step 6:
Replaced my steering column (heard theres important starting components inside there so i swapped it out)
cN6ut8V.jpg
wc1JB9w.jpg
pe1LcTv.jpg

I have been searching for months so if anyone has any other ideas as to what I can try please let me know I feel I have tried almost everything possible!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xmen_1217

Latest posts