96 Tahoe 2 dr

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice grab grabbed my 4dr similarly. yours definitely looks a bit better hopefully you dont find as many hidden wtf's as i did.

OP
OP
K

kv5137

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m really leery... car faxed it...Texas truck for the first half of its life. Then came up to ny... that’s where after a few yes it falls off the face of the earth...truck sat somewhere for a few years.. not outside though as the frame shows no Signs of rust. Guy I’m buying it from tows cars and says he flips them so I’m guessing he got it for free or dirt cheap and is just getting quick cash.. he knows absolutely nothing about the truck.

Fluids good compression good,tranny went into gears smooth, no codes except brakes which my reader didn’t give me.. oh and somebody put an alarm in there which I’m going to have to figure out

Has from what I can tell and I’m guessing a 4” pro comp lift headers aftermarket intake and dual exhaust after cat. American racing 16” rims and 275/75/16 tires which will probably need replacing

carpet and interior is filthy but nothing cracked, leather worn as usual. Only thing I could tell was the fan control was messed with and put on an external switch. Sure there will be a lot of gremlins and grief but overall for the price I think it’s good. I have a ton of spare parts off of my previous trucks so hoping everything I need I have.
No plans as of yet except to tune it up change all fluids will tear out carpet ASAP and drive it like that until I see about a leaks and etc post pics today after I get it home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kv5137

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so car seats are no good. Well at least drivers side
Hard starting have to check battery got dark and cold
Inner outer tie rod bushings are shot didn’t check ball joints yet. Tires are trash

Motor is good though. Runs smooth. Tranny good so overall some good some bad so far

Found one small crack in dash and the steering column was worked
No leaks as of yet but keeping my fingers crossed about that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kv5137

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found leak in front windshield , hard rain in ny right now. Coming from top of windshield. Hopefully not a hole in metal. Going to check reseal
I knew about leak when purchased just didn’t know from where. Hopefully this is the only one

OP
OP
K

kv5137

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought for $1500 budget of 2500 to make it trustworthy streetable was seeing anything worthwhile at around 4000 and they all needed work. So i found this one and dove in

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck man. I had leaks in both of my rear quarter windows. Got one fixed but the guy swore he'd never do it again. Couldn't get anyone else to do the other side because replacements are apparently nearly impossible to find

OP
OP
K

kv5137

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes those side windows are hard to find

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member