95' transmission, just doesn't feel quite right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ERIC95TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like the title says it just doesn't feel quite right. i got a 95' 2 door Tahoe. it doesn't seem like it wants to come out of its gears at the right time. when you mash it to the floor it shifts fine. very very very light throttle it shifts like it should. now, driving normal i think it would shift differently but maybe I'm wrong. seems like it takes forever to get out of first gear then when it does second gear takes forever as well. if i keep on the throttle part way it wont shift out of second gear till a little after 30mph is this right? i have to let off the gas just a little bit to get it to shift into 3rd under 30 mph. my 1-2 shift feels a little hard too. it does not slip at all in any gear nothing smells burnt or anything the fluid and filter are a year old.(was like this before i changed that) basically what I'm saying is driving normal the trans acts like your getting on it a bit and running the gears out longer. but really I'm not. any ideas?

black95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
between me and my buddy we had it for over 6 years, i never messed with it and the only reason i got rid of the truck was it got hit and totalled

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
OP
OP
ERIC95TAHOE

ERIC95TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The service manual for your year was covering e and non e types and I did not recall the phase in date so I threw it at you. Oops.

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

refer to this for common problems and answers which may match you issue.

http://www.drivetrain.com/parts_cat...0e_overhaul_kit.html#Common_failures_on_4L60E

yeah i figured as much, i seen a lot of your input on this sight and its pretty good stuff (i do a lot of creeping on here just recently started doing a lot of posting) the closest one i could find would probably have to be the one saying the tps is bad. ill have to check how it goes into gear when i leave for work.

OP
OP
ERIC95TAHOE

ERIC95TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on my way to work i picked up a new tps i changed the tps after work and it drives like a brand new truck. thanks for all the input!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st tahoe