92 Blazer door panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikea46323

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I guys I have a question...

I really want to put the newer 95 to 99 style door panels in my old Blazer. I want to be able to do door speakers..

Has anyone done this swap?

How does it look?

I know the door panels won't match the dash lines but how out of place does it look?

I really want the door speakers to upgrade my sounds the dash speakers suck.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Don't think it will work. Will hit dash. For our style panels I've seen people cut the circle out. You also realize the inner panel will need to be cut or replaced either way tho right?

OP
OP
Mikea46323

Mikea46323

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I am a metal fabricator by trade so I am not worried about cutting on the door itself I just haven't seen any GOOD looking conversions of the old door panels. They all look like an afterthought.

Looks like I might end up going with the kick panels.

Nak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought all the parts to do this to my '92. It doesn't look like the panel will interfere with the dash, but I'm not sure yet. There will be a problem with the door open dome lamp switch though. Doesn't loom like it will work. I may have to cut that portion of the old door panels off and mount it to the new door panels. We'll see.

I have the kick panel speaker mounts; I don't like them. Gets in the way of my feet.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Was gonna fit tweeters in the kick panels but didn't have the balls to do it. Would never v able to find another one in tan..

Tylerz281500

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
panel doesnt interfere with the hash, swap inners and the inside door rods and itll work easily.

whitebarn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
pics?

So the rods, anything else needed out of donor door??? Pics of completed swap with door closed asap PLEASE! bout to go pull everthing from a mint suburban for my 2 door and want to make sure I get everything

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Oh yea and the plugs on switches, plug and play or splicing needed??

Tylerz281500

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sold the truck it was on, wanted to do it on my 93 but decided not too. in all honesty pull the outer panel, inner panels, door rods and as much wiring as you can. makes life alot easier.

as far as switches theres a thread on gmt400 with the wiring colors

for the lights in the door just go to lower foot well lights, and the speakers run to the radio

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz