800hp denali susp suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
i see a lot of yall gettin the bell-tech, i was wondering if that was for looks, or if it also handles well under high speed racing conditions, im gonna be pushing 800hp with an 08 awd yukon denali within the year and was wondering whats the best suspension kit or if i should get custom built susp. I was hoping to get some input from somebody who understands the physics involved in an awd, front engine car launching at the track.

Autbond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not trying to be a buzz kill here, but did you just mention "high speed racing conditions" and a DENALI in the the same sentence? Also, do you know how much you are going to have to spend on that motor to get 800hp out of it? I just kind of question why you didn't start with a Trailblazer SS if your talking about trying to actually make an SUV fast. Let's be honest, an 800hp Denali would still not be that fast; at least not for the money you're looking at throwing at it.

But, to answer the question, I have a 08 LTZ Tahoe on a Belltech 2/4 and it seems to corner better than it did. But, like I said, it is a Tahoe (a LARGE SUV) and that can only be said comparatively speaking. Also, the front end doesn't "jump up" as much as it did when stock, which I think is what you want when launching an AWD vehicle. I definitely would not spend the money to get custom suspension work done, I think you can find what you want.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i see a lot of yall gettin the bell-tech, i was wondering if that was for looks, or if it also handles well under high speed racing conditions, im gonna be pushing 800hp with an 08 awd yukon denali within the year and was wondering whats the best suspension kit or if i should get custom built susp. I was hoping to get some input from somebody who understands the physics involved in an awd, front engine car launching at the track.

800 at the wheels or 800 at motor?

front is easy im coming out with a coilover set up like I did for the tbss that on the stiffest setting will prevent lift and keep front planted

in rear i have the same set up on a lsx 454 tahoe with a 150 shot.

14 bolt rear end from tbss
upper/lower/rear spohn set up
rear tb springs with helper bags
325 45 17 mt drag rads on 17x11 bogarts

Truck hooks fine as of now and its 2wd.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clue me into the 800hp setup bc I wanna do the same thang

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Clue me into the 800hp setup bc I wanna do the same thang

Easy set up

402 block
trick flow big heads
tvs2300
blower cam
meth
16psi boost rear driven
long tubes
yank ptb3200 stall
4l80e
4.10 rears

650 rwhp all day long no issues and thats thru the 3200 yank stall and 4l80e trans which sucks a nice chunk of power

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh well.....here's what my advice was, for you to find a truck that was done,power wise, and then add the finishing touchs on it.

if you don't understand, then look at this after you cool off...
This vehicle has over $70,000 invested!
Price: US $22,000.00

who do you want to lose the ~$50k, you, or the other guy?

2009 GMC DENALI AWD NAVIGATION SUPERCHARGED 12K MILES
Starting bid: US $45,000.00

FWIW, a local guy is running a 10 second RCSB on leaf springs & Cal-Tracs.

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yeah, i would say you are wasting money on making a NNBS fast, i would at least get a TBSS. between a bunch of my friends, we have 3 or 4 cars around 315~400hp,
and its AMAZING how much HARDER the lighter cars pull

there is a FULL RACE trailblazer SS on the net: full four person cage, four kirkey racing seats.

it launches with the front wheels up at it's power level
IIRC, it was up for sale for a long time.
it is ALWAYS cheaper to buy a running package than to build it.

what are your end goals: a DD? 1/8 mile? 1/4 mile?
I don't think you can SCCA or Open Track a SUV?

what other roles will the truck be asked to perform?
road trips? towing? off road (doing a U turn in grass median)
washboard dirt roads?

more power = more specific application = limited usability

both kurt (red 9.01) tbss and martin (black 9.03) tbss are running my front modified djm uppers.

you can make a tahoe fast but will be harder. my truck makes 598 at wheels and runs 11.30s at 5200 pounds race weight. One of our other buddies has a escalade at over 6k race weight hes putting down about the same as me and running high 11s.

Weight is a big issue.

OP
OP
rustyshackleford
Reaction score
nobody really answered my question, yall just responded with a buncha your own questions and gave some random irrelevant suggestions, 800 to the wheels, and i know most people consider this a waste of money but i really dont care, anyone can go get a cobra or ss cam, and spend 12-13k and run 10 second qt miles, thats not what this is about, Ive always only driven trucks or suvs and thats what i like, so thats why i want to make my denali fast,

fyi, no towing, no road trips, no grass medians and no more asinine questions, its random crap like this that makes these forums annoying and a general waste of time, if you dont have a decent ******* answer, keep your mindless jabber to yourself for ***** sake

sorry, the codeine makes me mean

Last edited:

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
:think: well your last post doesnt make me want to post anything for you..

and if your going to be a dick, go look at post 3... he just said what he recommends..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076