6 to 8 lug conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zomeizter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever done this? Here's what I have: I would like to upgrade the G80 axle on the 'nali with a 14b SF off a 99 Silverado 2500 which happens to be the same 3.73 ratio, but it has 8 lug pattern axles. Would it be worth swapping the front 6 lug stuff to the 8 lug? Is it a bolt on endeavor? How about the control arms, I noticed the HD ones off the truck are forged as opposed to the welded/stamped steel ones on the 'nali, can these be swapped in as well without major mods? Any and all input welcome...

OP
OP
zomeizter

zomeizter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I went ahead and tried for myself and I was able to transfer the 8 lug spindles and massive brake components over to the 'nali. I had to get a 3/8to7/16 steel brake line adapter to hook up to the caliper flex hose, worked like a charm. Gonna get all balljoints replaced with Moog ones I just received and once the front is done I will tackle the rear axle. If anyone cares I could post some pix of the ongoing task, good day...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
6point2who