6 lug to 8 lug on Denali 6.2 4WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what's involved converting from 6 to 8 lug hubs, front and rear? Looking to put together a list of parts from my boys with knowledge on the topic.

IMG_20200905_133751.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Wouldn't you have to swap in 3/4 axles and all the adaptation that goes along with it? Or, spacer/adapters that have an 8 lug pattern that will bolt to the existing 6 lugs.

Why are you doing this?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am sure that is not all it will require. Yes different mounting, shafts and u-joints, brake line set up? May require different master cylinder for the brakes? Shocks? Etc........

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
arent the 2500 rear axles leaf sprung?

you either swap the axle, having to weld on spring and arm mounts.

the 9.5sf you can get set up for 5 link, you may be able to find 8lug axle shafts for it, need to do all the brakes from older HD truck maybe.

not too sure how youd get 8lug up front. the hubs with 8 lugs need a different spindle (4 bolts) not sure if the older 8lug hubs would bolt to the gmt900 spindle

lots and lots and lots of "it could work" but dont think anyone has ever really tried to go 8lugs with out already having a serious offroad truck and planned on fabbing everything anyway

OP
OP
BeenChevy

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lot of on/off ice travel with a wheel house/toy hauler, tugging around a large food truck, boats, and too large of family.. long trips.

Just looking to do something different and beef things out a bit more. Looking to pull out the level and go 4-6" as the front suspension needs overhaul.

Wouldn't convert to 2500 as it'd be too heavy. Have a local shop here for carbon drive shafts. Waiting on spohn to come out with some delsphere parts. Wanna crawl this thing through 2' of snow like it's nothin catch fish and then hit the highway

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lot of on/off ice travel with a wheel house/toy hauler, tugging around a large food truck, boats, and too large of family.. long trips.

Just looking to do something different and beef things out a bit more. Looking to pull out the level and go 4-6" as the front suspension needs overhaul.

Wouldn't convert to 2500 as it'd be too heavy. Have a local shop here for carbon drive shafts. Waiting on spohn to come out with some delsphere parts. Wanna crawl this thing through 2' of snow like it's nothin catch fish and then hit the highway

Ben, IMO I don't think you need them for that, too over kill or as some might say, a solution in search of a problem.

Check out Duraburb's Youtube videos. He used an adapter to go from one to the other but my memory fails me now as to which way. Whoever made them though was mentioned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr