6.2l Oil Leak - where from?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ross Baillargeon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have a good idea where all this oil could be coming from? Oil leak just started over the past month light dripping,clean oil. I can see oil marks running down from heads but not sure if it's enough to cause what I'm seeing coming off the oil filter and drain plug.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I think the oil pressure gauge sending unit is at the back of the block by the driver's side head. I'd start there.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
And try putting a little bit of oil around the inside housing of the oil filter whenever you change it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar leak. And then the oil pressure gauge crapped out and threw a code. Had to replace the oil pressure sensor and also the oil lines. Ran me about $800 for everything.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
Mines was leaking for awhile in the same spots as the above pics until I took it to the the dealer for a routine oil change. When I got it back no more oil leaking go figure. When I was doing the oil change at home it always leaked afterwards. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Ross Baillargeon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a similar leak. And then the oil pressure gauge crapped out and threw a code. Had to replace the oil pressure sensor and also the oil lines. Ran me about $800 for everything.

Come to think of it the last oil change Was at a generic quickly lub place, maybe they didn't tighten enough or put oil on the gasket prior to install.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the filter may be a place to look. When I did the first oil change on our Tahoe, I reached up to the filter to see how tight it was, and it was barely tight enough to keep the gasket sealed. I mean, I could loosen the filter with just my fingers. =8-0

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was it there filter?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the last oil change i did i made the mistake of going to walmart cuz i was pretty broke and i was way over so after my oil change i ran a few errands and a couple miles from my house the motor sounded awfully noisey so i stopped and got out and immediatly noticed oil dripping from below and when i looked the drain plug wasnt there fortunatly orileys was on the way to my house so i wont up buying a new drain plug and 4 quarts of oil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove