6.2 cam ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking to swap a cam in a 6.2 rec port head engine. Any ideas? Was considering the bald eagle n/a cam from tsp

Chert_Detective

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you want out of it. Looking to make low end torque, mid range power, a decent gain throughout the whole curve? Plenty of options out there, just need to decide how you want it to act.

OP
OP
08z71bgm

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plenty of low and mid. Some top is ok but I’m not up there often. I also don’t want it to be hard to drive.

Chert_Detective

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depending on what you're willing to do with it, I would stay around 210 to low 2teens intake and ~220 exhaust duration. Lift no more than .600 with a little tighter lsa. That will allow for decent mid range and overall gains without affecting vacuum, converter performance, or driveability too much.

BTR pretty much nailed it with their low lift truck cams, but don't expect anything stellar out of it. It will sound good and does work, but you are pretty limited on choices if you aren't changing your converter. TSP s1 ls3 cam is also another good choice and will give you a little more mid-top range than it will low-mid..

Last edited:
OP
OP
08z71bgm

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depending on what you're willing to do with it, I would stay around 210 to low 2teens intake and ~220 exhaust duration. Lift no more than .600 with a little tighter lsa. That will allow for decent mid range and overall gains without affecting vacuum, converter performance, or driveability too much.

BTR pretty much nailed it with their low lift truck cams, but don't expect anything stellar out of it. It will sound good and does work, but you are pretty limited on choices if you aren't changing your converter. TSP s1 ls3 cam is also another good choice and will give you a little more mid-top range than it will low-mid..
Well the other cam I had in mind was comp cams 54-474-11. I was also changing the springs and rockers. I wanted a good all around With decent low end pick up. Also a converter change is possible.

Chert_Detective

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the other cam I had in mind was comp cams 54-474-11. I was also changing the springs and rockers. I wanted a good all around With decent low end pick up. Also a converter change is possible.

That cam is way too big lol

If you're not opposed to changing converters then your selection has opened up quite a bit, and there will be too many options for us to just "recommend one". Before I decided to go further with my build I was just going to run the TSP S2 Ls3 cam. There's quite a few options out there, check out Texas Speed, Tick, Brian Tooley, Cam Motion.. each of those will have plenty to choose from and all the information to go with them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
08z71bgm

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That cam is way too big lol

If you're not opposed to changing converters then your selection has opened up quite a bit, and there will be too many options for us to just "recommend one". Before I decided to go further with my build I was just going to run the TSP S2 Ls3 cam. There's quite a few options out there, check out Texas Speed, Tick, Brian Tooley, Cam Motion.. each of those will have plenty to choose from and all the information to go with them.
Lol I just noticed I put the wrong part number. It’s 454 not 474.
Thanks.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That cam is way too big also. 227*/243* Good for a camaro with a stall...
No good for a truck. Too big