5in lift upper control arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoBear727

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Morning everyone, I believe this is my first post here. So a little background so hopefully it’ll help with answers. I have a 2007 Tahoe lt 4x4. It is currently has a 5 in rough county lift.( spacers up front ). Sitting on 35x12.5x18s. I had the issue where the front was sitting lower than the rear so I put on 2in spacer on bottom to level out. I ordered the full lift strut and im waiting to but them on until I get new upper control arms. ( ball joint are getting pretty worn). My question is this. No matter how much I’ve looked I can not find any upper control arms for a 5in lift. There all for 2-4 and rough county’s are 2-3 or 7in lift. Would I be ok to get the ones from rc due to the fact that I’ll have the 7in struts up front? Or is there a better option? Thanks in advance guys.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey
i dont know, kind of new the lift game.
pretty sure 5" of lift without a diff drop/spindles is going to be rough on ball joints anyway.
i would just make sure whatever UCA you choose uses a quality balljoint
for my own truck, i will probably end up using cognito uppers, not so much that they're better and definitely not cheaper than most, but theyve been invaluable with some of the predicaments ive ended up in with all of the different parts mine is thrown together with. theyve sold individual parts out of their kits and put in way more effort than a couple >100$ parts would be worth. so i would like to show some appreciation and support a good company

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Control arms for 5” should be OEM as the angles should be flat. The control arms for the leveled 2.5-3” are appropriate for the 7.5” because you’re effectively stretching the 5” kit to 7.5” IE 2.5” of level on the 5” knuckle and diff drop. Doesn’t matter if you’re using the spacers with stock coilovers or the new full length coilovers.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I
Morning everyone, I believe this is my first post here. So a little background so hopefully it’ll help with answers. I have a 2007 Tahoe lt 4x4. It is currently has a 5 in rough county lift.( spacers up front ). Sitting on 35x12.5x18s. I had the issue where the front was sitting lower than the rear so I put on 2in spacer on bottom to level out. I ordered the full lift strut and im waiting to but them on until I get new upper control arms. ( ball joint are getting pretty worn). My question is this. No matter how much I’ve looked I can not find any upper control arms for a 5in lift. There all for 2-4 and rough county’s are 2-3 or 7in lift. Would I be ok to get the ones from rc due to the fact that I’ll have the 7in struts up front? Or is there a better option? Thanks in advance guys.
I had the forged rc arms with my kit stretched close to 9” I swapped the rc struts out for icon coil overs and upper control arms to fabtech uniballs and the ride comparison was night and day difference I now drive 75 everywhere I go no matter what I’m going over
(train tracks pot holes etc)

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
If your more on a budget rc is “ok” arms are strong ball joints not so much mine lasted less then a year before I replaced them kryptonite and cognito make some nice arms too I happened to get my fabtech ones off Amazon for a good price on sale
Fabtech FTS21128 Control Arm Kit https://a.co/d/10S4biG
630$ right now but only 100$ more then the 540$ kryptonite ones I mainly highway drive mine and beach ride I’ve had 0 issues in either sets I have on my Silverado and Tahoe you do have to reem or drill your spindle a hair for the uniball pin but nothing crazy I did mine with a drill bit… if you don’t do it you could be like the one or two bad reviews you might see where the pin broke from what I seen was probably due to installation error don’t make that mistake.
dirt king fabrications makes a set of nice cam locks I added also since I rebuild the front end Upper Arm Alignment Cams For 99-18 Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra | DK-632919 https://a.co/d/bhcYnO0
I have the kryptonite ball joint and wheel bearings sway bar links it all made a huge huge difference in my handling I am much more confident in my Tahoe how it is set up now then it ever came close to stock

OP
OP
RoBear727

RoBear727

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If your more on a budget rc is “ok” arms are strong ball joints not so much mine lasted less then a year before I replaced them kryptonite and cognito make some nice arms too I happened to get my fabtech ones off Amazon for a good price on sale
Fabtech FTS21128 Control Arm Kit https://a.co/d/10S4biG
630$ right now but only 100$ more then the 540$ kryptonite ones I mainly highway drive mine and beach ride I’ve had 0 issues in either sets I have on my Silverado and Tahoe you do have to reem or drill your spindle a hair for the uniball pin but nothing crazy I did mine with a drill bit… if you don’t do it you could be like the one or two bad reviews you might see where the pin broke from what I seen was probably due to installation error don’t make that mistake.
dirt king fabrications makes a set of nice cam locks I added also since I rebuild the front end Upper Arm Alignment Cams For 99-18 Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra | DK-632919 https://a.co/d/bhcYnO0
I have the kryptonite ball joint and wheel bearings sway bar links it all made a huge huge difference in my handling I am much more confident in my Tahoe how it is set up now then it ever came close to stock
Thanks for all the info bud. It helps out a lot!

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea if your lift kit is designed to use factory style control arms just get a nice non-lift control arm. Moog premium is good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts