55w hids in morimoto mini h1 projectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here ran a 55w setup in their mini h1 projectors? Can they handle it?

jebt2921

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't do it. They will melt things. There's a reason way TRS doesn't recommend them. Just use the 35w setup and if you're using Morimoto bulbs get the XB's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the 50w from TRS in a set of DEPO projectors and they handle it fine.

So the the mini H1's will do fine.

jebt2921

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again, there is a reason why TRS doesn't even put the option to run 55w's in the mini H1 on their website. In the end call and speak with them as I did. Better to hear it from the manufacturer than from people on a forum if you're not sure...

chrisreed822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What exactly would they melt out of a mostly metal constructed projector? I have 55w in my Depo/Denali headlights and they do great, and they're made of plastic. I got my mini h1's in on Friday, now I'm just waiting on the adapter plates to come in (which should be next Saturday) then I'll be throwing the 55w in the mini's.

jebt2921

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a number of plastic parts including the actual headlight assembly themselves. By all means do what you want but if they melt anything then you'll have to repurchase parts and start over. In my book it always safer to go with what the manufacturer suggests. Besides you're not going to get a huge difference between 35w and 55w in the mini h1's. When I upgraded from the standard morimotos to the XBs I gained a huge benefit. Just my two cents.

I would recommend going over to hidplanet and doing some research if you're unsure.

chrisreed822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, y'all got me rethinking it, lol. I think I'll play it safe and order the 35w ballast from TRS. I'd hate to have spent a few hundred bucks on this for it to just fall apart, or melt apart in this case.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Hmmm, y'all got me rethinking it, lol. I think I'll play it safe and order the 35w ballast from TRS. I'd hate to have spent a few hundred bucks on this for it to just fall apart, or melt apart in this case.

This. Why waste your money and risk it.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Whenever I had issues with trs they went the extra mile to fix things.

Great service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo

Latest posts