5.3 to 6.2 - initial impression

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Duke40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went from owning 4 Toyota Sequoia's over 10 years and bought a '19 Tahoe 6.2 RST with Borla exhaust earlier this year. Can't believe how much I'm enjoying this truck in comparison. The chassis feels tighter, the engine has tons of power, fun to drive and the fuel economy is significantly better. Shoulda made the switch sooner but better late than never.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went from owning 4 Toyota Sequoia's over 10 years and bought a '19 Tahoe 6.2 RST with Borla exhaust earlier this year. Can't believe how much I'm enjoying this truck in comparison. The chassis feels tighter, the engine has tons of power, fun to drive and the fuel economy is significantly better. Shoulda made the switch sooner but better late than never.

You give up a ton of cargo space but there’s no question the Tahoe is a nicer place to be.

Of course the current sequoia is ~12 years old so it’s the same age as the old Tahoe.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yup, you are absolutely right. My wife has a 2014 Sequoia. It was already ancient on the day we bought it new back in late 2013. And the current models are literally exactly the same. Toyota is letting that model die on the vine.

I have a 17 Escalade ESV (6.2) and I get 50% better gas mileage! And so much better technology, comfort, and smoother ride.

You made a good choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
We went from Denali 6.0 in an 06 to 6.2 in our current 08 and agree, they nailed it. SW updates for MRC, hmmmm, I’ll have to look into that (rubbing hands together).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris T

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My '16 Denali rode like a potato wagon. Absolutely no shocks whatsoever, horribly stiff. Had to trade out of it due to the booming. Glad they fixed it but I'm done with MRC anytime soon.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don’t admit to it but I think GM made a lot of changes somewhere between 17 and 18. The 15s and 16s ride like garbage and the 17s are not bad for the most part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep