4x4 Suspension: Harmonic vibration/sound?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is going to be a little tough to describe but ever since I got my Suburban I've been bothered by the fact that every time I drive on a bumpy surface (dirt road or bumpy pavement) the suspension seems to give off a low-level harmonic vibration that's almost painful to the ears. Even my wife commented on it. Has anyone else noticed this?

Would upgrading the suspension help? I don't see how it could hurt. I'm planning on upgrading anyway with a simple key lift/leveling kit, new springs in the back and new shocks all around and if I figured it would help with the noise issue that might motivate me to do it sooner.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without hearing it myself i could take a geuss as the shock bushings are making your noise or the sway bar bushings. Try spraying the sway bar mount bushings with some penetrating oil. You can also try spraying the shaft on the shocks right where it goes intk the main body of the shock. If it quiets down with either of those you found the problem. Greasable sway bar bushings can be found at advance and you should be replacing your shocks during the lift anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076