4" lift with 35s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MBradenC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been looking around (yes I've used the search box) for information on running a 35" tires with a 4" lift kit. All the information I've found regarding it has simply said go with the 6" instead. I don't want to hear about that unless it is honestly necessary. I know 35s will fit on a 6" lift. You can get up to 37s. I'm wondering just how much modification would need to be done to make them run comfortably for 70/30 street/trail with the trail not going much past a Moab system 4 or 5 (no super heavy flex, etc.). Typically I'd install the lift and then find a buddy with the wheels and tires similar to what I'd like to run, but I don't have the resources for that. In fact, if feasible, I would like to do the modifications to fit the tires before even lifting it etc. Whatcha got y'all?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A good bit of trimming may be needed. I have seen guys clear 35s on a 3" body lift. It all depends on how much hacking on the truck you want to do. I have 6" of lift and then some and my 35s rub when I use the truck

OP
OP
M

MBradenC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A good bit of trimming may be needed. I have seen guys clear 35s on a 3" body lift. It all depends on how much hacking on the truck you want to do. I have 6" of lift and then some and my 35s rub when I use the truck

Okay thanks. I knew it would be possible somehow, because I've seen 37s run on 6" lifts where the manufacturers stated 35s were max and like you were saying I've seen a good number of 35s on a 3" body lift.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Different for each truck really. Tire and wheel combination plays a big roll. Trim a little a time until it clears. The front of my tahoe is close to 8" and I still trimmed a little because it rubbed slightly in a turn and hitting a big dip or bump at he same time.

OP
OP
M

MBradenC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Different for each truck really. Tire and wheel combination plays a big roll. Trim a little a time until it clears. The front of my tahoe is close to 8" and I still trimmed a little because it rubbed slightly in a turn and hitting a big dip or bump at he same time.

Thanks, not gonna lie that's the answer I was expecting lol. Guess I'll just have to do it when I get the funding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaptainkhaos58