4 Hi mod help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

lucasbrackins

Reaction score
How to wire up the 4-HI mod.

Alright i have used high and low by themselves for 2 days and never once did i lose a low or high
But every time now and then when turning from low to drl i will lose a low

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
F*** just lost a huge post trying to track this issue.......

i have to go shorter about this i am not typing all that again.

go back to basics. go back to halogen remove the relayed harness if all work fine the add this 4hi-kit. no more diode crap. if all is still good then add your hids back in. if you develop power supply issues then add the relayed harness. if the voltage available at light sockets is worse then without it chuck that harness and get another or fix it. when you have a supply of 11.9 volts and you have a loss of .5v that is not bad. when you have a supply of 13v afterwards and lose 1.2v thru the relayed harness something is wrong with that setup. any time an issue comes up after add that part has got to be the fault with that part or ones already involved. when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. we have bloated a tech thread with 65+ more post on trouble shooting and with no good fix yet. this is what it comes down to. maybe you have a random faults that does not stick in one place in the system but you know it is withing specific wires and parts in a system. unless you are willing to test(even mega-ohm wiring), and repair if needed, every specific part or wire circuit then go back to basics and stock light system and parts and use process of elimination in a more simpler form by starting over otherwise replace it all with new reputable parts that are known for their reliability. i don't normally suggest that but overtime it seems to be working it does not a few hours later, and it seems like each time it does fail the story is different. such as not working for a few hours then 4hi working for 2 days but in actuality randomly working halfway and not knowing this info for that given time period. this is just confusing the problem and takes away from the coming to a permanent solution.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lucasbrackins

Reaction score
How to wire up the 4-HI mod.

Do i have to use that kit or can i just wire it up like the kit?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
it is easier to use a kit from a good source of products. the wiring itself is good enough to hold up be exposed to temps that exceed 250°+. you can make one but unless you get good wires and parts it may falter. this one is done for you.

OP
OP
L

lucasbrackins

Reaction score
rewired for the 4-high conversion and broke out the ole volt meter and started checking and here is what i got
on low beams i had
13.7 at the battery,
relay in was 13.7
relay trip was 13.4
power to the ballast was 13.4

on high beams (all 4)
battery 13.5
relay power (high,low) 13.5
low trip was 12.2 :shakehead: high trip was 13.1
low ballast 13.01 high ballast was 13

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

i have 13 volts on the high side if the diode but only 12.4 on the low

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

with the relay for the 4 high i was having this problem every time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16