3rd row seathing question -- for a non-equipped truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is a 99, and it does not have the 3rd row seating option. I'm wondering if anybody knows if the brackets for the seat are under the carpet. I can feel hollow areas in the places where brackets should be, but without pulling the carpet I won't know for sure. Anybody know?

I just notice that the headliner looks like it is set up for third row seating already -- and I'm having trouble believing they put a different floor in depending on whether the truck was going to have third row seating or not. . . .

lummy

Reaction score
they're custom only for the OBS. I had to buy special mounting brackets and then cut holes in the floor pan. Also, the burb 3rd row uses 3 point seat belts and can't be used in the Hoe. I bought 3rd party and I did use the cargo mounts for the seatbelts.

IMG_0144.JPG

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0157.JPG

OP
OP
S

strad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aww schucks. I was hoping the solution would not involve cutting holes in the floor. Not a problem though if I decide to do it. Would you mind telling me where you got the brackets? And did you just grab a 3rd row seat from a GMT400 suburban, or can you use others?

lummy

Reaction score
The seat came out of a burban. Not sure about other trucks. I know the second row won't work tho. The 3rd row has to sit in between the wheel wells.

I've seen them on ebay every once in a while for $49 but couldn't find them when I needed them. I think the place I got them from was www.theseatshop.com. They'll have the seat belts too

Aww schucks. I was hoping the solution would not involve cutting holes in the floor. Not a problem though if I decide to do it. Would you mind telling me where you got the brackets? And did you just grab a 3rd row seat from a GMT400 suburban, or can you use others?

Ceejkay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
please search for my name in general you will find your answer. the kit is 1200$ but no cutting is required

johnd8695

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
they're custom only for the OBS. I had to buy special mounting brackets and then cut holes in the floor pan. Also, the burb 3rd row uses 3 point seat belts and can't be used in the Hoe. I bought 3rd party and I did use the cargo mounts for the seatbelts.

IMG_0144.JPG

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0157.JPG
Where did you buy those mounts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC

Latest posts