3rd row seat back release lever will not move

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reek455

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1st time poster so this issue has probably covered before but I couldn't find it on a search. As the title states the right side 3rd row seat back release lever will not move and you cannot put the seat back down. I messed around after watching some YouTube videos and found the inner release and was able to depress it but the #1 seat back release lever still did not pull up. Any suggestions would be helpful as I need to haul some large items and cannot with the seat in the way

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1st time poster so this issue has probably covered done before but I couldn't find it on a search. As the title states the right side 3rd row seat back release lever will not move and you cannot put the seat back down. I messed around after watching some YouTube videos and found the inner release and was able to depress it but the #1 seat back release lever still did not pull up. Any suggestions would be helpful as I need to haul some large items and cannot with the seat in the way[/QUOTE
the seat bottom might not be all the way inserted, might have to bang on the bottom or have someone jump in the seat from the other side and push back & forth on it, then try again

OP
OP
R

reek455

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I rocked the seat and jumped up and down but no change. The seat appears to be installed properly and completely.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many folks with this issue put a screwdriver on the latch while also pulling the handle down. You can see this from the side since you can get the other seat out. Might also try soaking overnight with lubricant. We’ve all had them stick at some point.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With some kneeling on seat Make sure #2 is all the way down and #3 is all the way in then jiggle #1 up with someone kneeling and jumping on seat... if 2 and 3 are not fully locked... even tho they look like it... 1 will not do anything 6365CF82-4421-427B-88A9-1FEC58D328AB.jpeg445D6D6E-14C3-4C9C-962A-60B455D3A6D7.jpeg 21823B85-F68E-41BB-912E-EA777BB3A19F.jpeg

OP
OP
R

reek455

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried all suggestions but seat will not budge. I will attempt to post some pics tomorrow

jkc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you able to pull #2 to remove the seat from the track? Do so if you can and see if there's garbage in the areas where the seat tracks sit in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Turbokon