3rd row option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 04 Tahoe Z71 didn't come with the 3rd row option. What I would like to find out is if I can change my 2nd row to buckets and add the 3rd row?
I don't have the mounts for the 3rd row but can I buy them and install?
I don't really want to sell the truck and buy the same one just for the 3rd row..

Thanks in advance

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
if your tahoe has the tie downs in the rear cargo area then you should be able to mount third row seats. they just latch right in. as for the second row i think the buckets bolt right in also in place of the bench seat. not too sure so don't quote me on that but i think they do. i've been wanting to swap out my bench for buckets also but haven't been able to find any.

OP
OP
swtz71

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have found buckets and found plenty of 3rd row seats, seems everyone gets rid of them. Good for me.
I think I have the tie downs but I didn't think the seat lined up with those..

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
soon i plan to re-carpet mine, and get rid of the 3rd row tie downs...may be a month or so.

OP
OP
swtz71

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
soon i plan to re-carpet mine, and get rid of the 3rd row tie downs...may be a month or so.

So even if the truck didn't come with the brackets the holes should be there?
So I could add the brackets to hold the seats?

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2187647321834746581#
Found this video online and went out to my truck to confirm I have the holes and great news, I guess all tahoes,yukons come with the pre holes for the third row option..
Now I can set up my truck with 3rd row and not buy a different truck..

Thanks to all

tsb09000

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Does anybody know why a 3rd row won't fit in a tahoe with barn doors? While I've never really compared the rear interior areas, it just doesn't make since why they wouldn't fit :think:

tsb09000

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Well I emailed the people from the video asking why a 3rd row won't work with barn doors and here's the reply...

"Thanks for the email. We need to change the video. Some of the barn door vehicles do have the stamped floorboard for the 3rd row, and some do not. I do not know why this is. You need to pull up the carpet in the back and see if you have the square tabs that cover the threaded holes in the floorboard. If you do, your vehicle can be equipped with a 3rd row. Please let us know. Thanks again.

Hunter
The Seat Shop
214-710-2565"

So maybe one of these days I'll pull the carpet up and find out!

OP
OP
swtz71

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea the video was very cool and helpful..

Glad they replied back to you...

daxstr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@blueflamed03 - I'm looking to buy some 3rd row tie-downs if you are interested in selling.