35s spare under stock carrier? does it fit? 2012 Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrpeterclark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got [email protected] fast shipping got it within 2 days. 315/70R17 = 35s 12.5 , I mean the closest, correct me if I'm wrong. You were right they are all black in 315s so I went to 35s/12.5 to get the whites. If thats your truck on your Avatar, then the ones I have would look really nice on your setup. Very cool headlights BTW.
I did find the afterwards. Looks like the whites are on load range E only. I kind of like the softer/ lighter/ narrower tire, but I do think they would look good on my truck (yes that's mine in my avatar). Got the headlights on Amazon btw.
did you do the NorCal mod at the back of the front fender and bumper trim? Did you have to do anything to the rear fender to fit them?

OP
OP
Dcamper

Dcamper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did find the afterwards. Looks like the whites are on load range E only. I kind of like the softer/ lighter/ narrower tire, but I do think they would look good on my truck (yes that's mine in my avatar). Got the headlights on Amazon btw.
did you do the NorCal mod at the back of the front fender and bumper trim? Did you have to do anything to the rear fender to fit them?
Yes even with a 3" lift, I had to do all the above mention, but just the front. Nothing done at the back wheel. Nothing biggie tho it was just a lot of measuring and testing. You cut as you go, prolly 30mins max of trimming both sides. It's not that obvious looking at the picture since I tried to cut just enough to avoid the rubbing.

Attachments

• 61D2980F-DA52-4CB2-B5AE-A791C4516B66.jpeg
    61D2980F-DA52-4CB2-B5AE-A791C4516B66.jpeg
    257.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

mrpeterclark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this tire: Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar LT275/80R17

goodyear wrangler.jpg

I'm considering using it as my spare because it would provide a little better ground clearance. It is about 1.5" narrower than a 315/70r17 or a 35x12.50 and comparable diameter.

I wouldn't mind running all of them on that narrower tread honestly, but I prefer an AT tread to a MT. Not many options in that oddball size.

Has anyone had any experience with the Goodyear Territory MTs? (Bronco OE Tire). I'm considering those as they are really well priced and about 10 pounds lighter than a KO2