33's And Your Spare?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiamiDave

Reaction score
What are you guys doing for your spare tires? Will 285 33's fit in the factory spot?

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unless you have stock 17" wheels, you will have to buy another rim if you want the spare to completely match the rest

the spare is on a 17" wheel...not sure is a bigger tires will fit in the space...i just left my spare alone and will ride around leaning for a day or so haha

OP
OP
M

MiamiDave

Reaction score
Yes the spare rim and tire size will match; has any one fit a 33 ? My old expedition squeezed a 295 33 inch tire in the spare well, I'm hoping for the same...

Hurlz07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tires wont fit in my spare location. If you blow a tire out and need to put on the smaller spare tire just try to put it in the front since your limited slip in the back might get chewed up with the mismatch...

BananaHANDS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tires wont fit in my spare location. If you blow a tire out and need to put on the smaller spare tire just try to put it in the front since your limited slip in the back might get chewed up with the mismatch...

+1 I was scrolling to post that but you beat me to it! :Handshake:

Hurlz07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....which can be tough to do if you only carry your factory bottle jack. I started another thread about the TireGate from HitchGate but I think that is just overboard for what I need. I recently drove across the country and was nervous the whole time that I would get a flat. I made it, but if had I blown out a tire I probably would have been screwed if I were in the middle of Kansas or something.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yall think yall have it bad with 33s im rolling 35s and deff will lean.. i have AAA Gold.. and just hope i have cell service.. and i try and not run things over.

OP
OP
M

MiamiDave

Reaction score
This may be the last straw in my trying to toughen up the Tahoe. I may have my CCM leveling kit for sale soon :emotions122:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84